About Westfield Friends School
Westfield Friends School is a private, co-educational day school for students in preschool through grade 8. Shaped by centuries of progressive Quaker practice, Westfield Friends School provides the kind of education—the kind of childhood—that allows children to develop into confident, capable, and whole adults.
An inspiring academic setting, an empowering community, and a Quaker moral compass—these are the inseparable elements of the Westfield Friends experience. Working in unison, they produce deeply satisfying results. We’re proud to say that our graduates help create the world we seek.
Since we are a day school, our students live at home with their families here in Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester Counties, NJ and throughout other areas in southern New Jersey and the greater Philadelphia area. We believe that a diverse community leads to a confident, empowered child. In the warm embrace of our historic Cinnaminson campus, curiosity and compassion are kin. Equity and respect make us stronger, smarter, resilient. We celebrate each child’s unique spirit even as we honor the principles that bind us together. This is a place where learning becomes a joyful shared pursuit.
We operate on a responsive tuition model to make our school affordable to as many families as possible. With Responsive Tuition, tuition price is determined from within a range of costs and is based upon each family’s unique financial situation.
Our Quaker Values
Westfield Friends School is affiliated with the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). As a Friends school, we create an educational experience framed by the Quaker values commonly referred to by the acronym SPICES:
- Simplicity: Focusing on what is important
- Peace: Conflict resolution and nonviolence
- Integrity: Doing the right thing
- Community: Inclusiveness and service to others
- Equality: Fairness and respect
- Stewardship: For our belongings, surroundings, animals, plants, and the earth
Westfield Friends School is a member of:
- Friends Council on Education
- New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS)
- Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
- Philadelphia Area Independent School Business Officers Association (PAISBOA)
Ages and Grade Levels
Westfield Friends School begins with preschool (children age 2 and older) and continues through 8th grade.
- Primary school – Preschool (2 and 3 years of age), Pre-K (4 years of age and older), and Kindergarten
- Elementary school – 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade
- Middle school – 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, and 8th grade
Students can be enrolled at any age or grade level. We welcome you to schedule a visit or attend an upcoming Open House.
Administration and Governance
The school is governed by the Westfield Friends School Board of Trustees.
Westfield Friends School operates under the care of the Westfield Friends Meeting (“meeting” is the Quaker term equivalent to “congregation” in other Christian traditions), as it has since its founding in 1788. Read more about our history.
The Head of School is Dr. Margaret Haviland. She holds a Bachelor of Arts from Earlham College (a historic Friends college in Richmond, Indiana) and a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania.