DISCOVERY ADVENTURE CAMP provides a stimulating environment in which campers can learn and practice new skills allowing them to develop physically and academically. In our safe and supportive community, campers learn to respect individual differences, develop a sense of belonging, and feel valued for who they are. We provide a nurturing setting for children to participate in creative learning and recreational activities that facilitate the joy of discovery.
ALL-INCLUSIVE COLLABORATIVE PARTNERSHIP with well-established, regional organizations that focus on educating and entertaining young children. Our partnership this year includes the Garden State Discovery Museum, Paws Discovery Farm, Playtime Sports, and the Philadelphia Insectarium.
CAMPERS will participate in theme-based S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) activities, field trip Thursdays, an incentivized reading program, and indoor/outdoor games and recreational activities, including organized athletic instruction and water play.
- Westfield Friends School OWLS Lab - A unique makerspace which encourages campers to problem-solve by giving them tools and skills that foster creativity; a place to Observe, Wonder, Learn, and Share.
- Tailored, age-appropriate opportunities to learn through live animal interactive programming with Paws Discovery Farm.
- The ability to touch, explore, and create through Garden State Discovery Museum's Discovery Theater, Discovery Workshops, and Live Animal Shows
- The ability to learn about the world of entomology with the Philadelphia Insectarium and Butterfly Pavilion while incorporating age-appropriate science standards.
- Teaching kids the FUNdamentals of sports with PlayTime Sports
- Paws Discovery Farm
- The Big Event (Bowling)
- Garden State Discovery Museum & Kid Fit
- Launch Trampoline Park
- Adventure Aquarium
- Philadelphia Insectarium & Butterfly Pavilion
- more to come!
CAMPERS will be organized in age-appropriate groups, with opportunities to interact with older and younger friends. Group activities will rotate approximately every 30 minutes.
Extended Day Care
EXTENDED DAY PROGRAMMING is optional, for an additional fee. Activities include board games, snacks, an opportunity to interact with friends, and time to relax after a busy day. Please note: late fees apply for campers picked up after 5:30pm.
• Campers should wear sneakers and comfortable clothing
• Campers need to bring snacks and full lunches
• Campers need to bring a refillable water bottle
• Camper's names should be clearly marked on all their belongings
• Campers will need a towel, sunscreen, and dry clothing on Fridays