Hello Westfield Community!
For those who do not know me, my name is Teacher Paige, and I am the 4th-grade teacher at Westfield Friends School! I am happy to announce that Westfield will participate in The Read for the House Program through Ronald McDonald House again this year!
If you didn't know, Read for the House is a service-learning project for children of any age that raises funds to support Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region by reading! Last year, Westfield raised just about $5,000 to support the families of Ronald McDonald House! We love this program because it promotes the value of community service and encourages reading.
Here is the timeline for the program!
Watch these online videos to learn about the program, create your personal fundraising page, and ask sponsors to pledge any amount of money for each minute your student reads during February.
- Elementary school video - www.rmhcphilly.org/rfth-video
- Middle school video - https://youtu.be/bAG42pFBj5M
Reading begins on February 1! Keep track of how many minutes you read every day of the month using the website and the calendar attached to this email. Remember: the more you read, the more money you'll raise!
Reach out to your sponsors and ask them to make their donations on your online fundraising page. Then, you can feel good knowing every dollar you raise directly helps families in need!
Here are the steps to get started!
1. Visit RMHCphilly.org/Read, and click on “Register Now.”
2. Review the agreement. (Please note: there are no fundraising requirements to participate in this program.)
3. Select “Reader.” Find Westfield’s team by clicking on the “Search” button below “Find a Team to Join.”
4. Pick a fundraising goal that you think you can reach. You can change your fundraising goal at any time.
5. Complete the form to create a username and password for your fundraising account. If you created an account last year, you can log in using the same username and password but will need to create a new fundraising page for this year. If you need help resetting your password, contact Alyssa McHugh at [email protected].
6. Customize the fundraising page with photos, a story, and anything else you would like to share.
7. Now you are ready to spread the word that you are reading and raising money for the House!
All the above info can be found in the attached document as well. I am excited to use reading as a way to promote stewardship in our community. Thank you so much in advance for your participation! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with me, T. Paige, at [email protected].