Faculty & Staff
We are currently seeking a full-time preschool teacher.
September, 2019: Early Childhood Teacher –Full Time Position
Westfield Friends School is seeking an experienced teacher for the Early Childhood Center (2 or 3 year olds) to begin Sept 3, 2019. The qualified teacher will have an understanding of and affinity for Quaker philosophy, and will work collaboratively with colleagues. Strong candidates will bring:
- A bachelor's degree in early childhood education or elementary education, master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years teaching/assisting experience in the Early Childhood/Primary classroom
- Genuine understanding of child development and respectful behavior management and a rich repertoire of teaching strategies to address a variety of learning styles and needs
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to continuous professional learning, including understanding and application of current research
- Able to meet varied tasks and responsibilities with integrity, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, and humor
- Ability to “Teach to the Whole Child” including enthusiasm for project-based learning, field trip planning, service integration, and extra-curricular availability
- Differentiate instruction when needed to meet the needs of a variety of students with different learning styles, as well as areas of strength and weakness
- Use assessment and evaluation tools to guide instructional decisions; maintain accurate, up-to-date records and communicate results in a timely manner with regard to student progress and performance
- Perform professional duties efficiently as assigned by the Head of School, manage resources effectively and meet deadlines and meeting schedules set by the School
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Applicants should supply the following materials all in one pdf document:
Cover letter, Educational Philosophy, a resume and the contact information of three references. Only materials received in this manner will be considered.
Please send application materials to: email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Preschool Teacher
Westfield is an equal opportunity employer. We do not exclude anyone on the basis of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
There are no openings at this time.
Qualified applicants should have a college degree, classroom experience, and must pass all background checks. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Beaton (email@example.com)