The following positions are currently available
Westfield Friends School welcomes and celebrates community members of all faiths, cultures, nationalities, races, genders, and economic backgrounds. Our families and faculty come to us from various parts of Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey; we are a reflection of these very diverse communities.
Middle School Humanities Teacher
- BA or BS degree required; advanced degree preferred;
- 3-5 years of relevant classroom teaching experience at the middle school level, preferably in an independent school;
- Ability to effectively engage students via in-person, remote, or hybrid learning;
- A demonstrated commitment to enhancing an inclusive school community based on cultural competence, commitment to social justice, and respect for all voices;
- A strong character with a team-oriented spirit, and the ability to connect meaningfully with students throughout our diverse community;
- Strong affinity for the mission of Westfield Friends School and an educational philosophy consistent with the school’s Quaker beliefs.
Interested, qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter which includes a discussion of philosophy in teaching middle school students and an explanation of relevant Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Justice work, a sample lesson plan, and 3 professional references to: Dr. Margaret Haviland, Head of School, email@example.com
We are always seeking Substitute Teachers
Qualified applicants should have a college degree, classroom experience, and must pass all background checks. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Beaton (firstname.lastname@example.org)